POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Things Students need to Know
- Bring items on the bus that will not fit in their laps or
under their seats
- Stand or move around on the bus while the bus is moving
- Play in the street while waiting for the bus
- Check the mail box when getting on or off the bus
- Eat, drink or smoke on the school bus
- Throw objects on the school bus
- Horseplay or fight on the school bus
- Sit on or jump/tumble over seat backs
- Damage the bus in any way
- Bring weapons of any kind or sharp objects onto the school
bus or have them at the bus stop
- Walk around or cross behind the bus for any reason
- Bring radios, CD players or any other electronic device on the school bus.
- Have any body parts out of any window at any time.
- Attempt to board an unauthorized bus without a note signed by an administrator and the parent.
- Be at the bus stop every day 10 minutes prior to the scheduled stop.
- Wait at the designated bus stop in a safe area clear of the path of the bus (off the road at least 20 feet when possible).
- Sit in assigned seats facing forward at all times.
- Talk in "normal" tones with students sharing the same seat.
- Be supervised while en route to and at the bus stop.
- Cooperate with the driver and practice orderly conduct.
- When preparing to board the bus, allow it to come to a complete stop; then board the bus in single file.
- When getting off the bus, remain seated until the bus comes to a complete stop; then get of the bus in an orderly manner proceeding away from the bus a safe distance.
- When required to cross the road, check both ways before crossing and only cross in front of the bus when the stop arm is out and the red lights at the top of the bus are flashing and the bus driver signals to safely cross the road.
- Respect yourself, others and property while on the bus and at the bus stop.
Things Parents need to Know
- Board a bus without express permission of Clay County Public
- Attempt to stop the bus at unauthorized locations to deliver
or receive their children
- Attempt to discuss an issue with the bus driver while the bus
is on a route
- Delay the bus in any manner
- Accompany students to bus stops or ensure that adequate supervision is provided
- Discuss school bus rules with their children to ensure their safety
- Be sure that children arrive at the bus stop and are prepared to board the bus 10 minutes prior to a buses scheduled arrival in the morning (includes express stops)
- Refer all concerns (i.e. disciplinary issues, driver issues, etc.) to the appropriate District Office personnel
- Dress children appropriately for weather conditions Pick up students only from assigned stop locations
- Parents should make sure that the student returns the student information sheets to the bus driver.
- Also, if the changes occur in residence, phone numbers, or other contact numbers, the bus driver needs to be notified.